Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wall Colors

Narrowed my new office wall color down to three choices: "Cut The Mustard", "Cajun Red" and "Black Fox". Conclusion? While I'd really like a brighter tone like Cut The Mustard on first glance, the deep contrast of Black Fox continues to appeal to me. My custom desk will have an industrial look - my plan calls for natural wood and large silver bolts for use as function as well as décor in the corners - so using something so yellow as Cut The Mustard would likely wash out the color of the natural wood, and Cajun Red might be okay, but the contrast of natural wood against the deep mossy-brown of Black Fox would REALLY look nice in my opinion.

If you've never tried it, go to the Sherwin Williams website. They have a wonderful tool there that allows you to take a picture of your room, select the areas you wish to paint, and preview your paint colors. How awesome is that? So I've attached the three shades I've narrowed it down to for my accent wall. Keep in mind I will no longer have a mahogany desk - it'll be more of a natural wood color... I'm thinking Redwood or Cedar. Your thoughts/opinions?


2 comments:

  1. Pretty neat. I'll have to tell the wife about this. She's still trying to figure what colors to paint a couple rooms in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll go with Black Fox :-)

    Jason

    ReplyDelete