Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What do you want to know?

I receive many emails on a monthly basis from aspiring graphic designers and those within the field who are looking to get into freelancing. Are you one of those people? If so, place a comment below and suggest one topic you would like me to discuss or vote on a previous suggestion. The topic most requested will be the one I write about first.


Thanks so much for visiting!


Visit www.ellephillips.com for more information about Elle Phillips Design. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if something addressing the basics of being self-employed wouldn't be helpful?

    As I get closer to looking for ways to self-publish my own works, I know there are probably things I've overlooked. I wonder about bookkeeping, a separate account for the proceeds of any books that do sell, Tax ID Numbers, write-offs, and the basic bureaucracy one must employ to be self employed in any field. It all seems dizzyingly complex.

    I'd like to do it right the first time and every time I seek advice on the matter, I get a different answer. While what you do is pretty different from what I do, I wouldn't mind peeking at the basic steps you've taken to set up a home business before you even set down to the actual work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been quite a while since you first made this post, but I was wondering if you would help me out with file formats and file sizes. For example, with a logo design, which file formats would be the best to give the client? I understand the differences between .GIF for web images and .TIFF for print images, but when including native vector files like .AI, if the client doesn't also have Illustrator, how do they adjust the size of their image (smaller or larger) without losing image quality?

    Thank you very much for this blog, btw! I have just taken on my first freelance job opportunity and I think this is going to be a great venue for me to be able to help myself get back on track financially!

    ReplyDelete